How to Make a Spare Rubber Prosthesis
These forms look real enough for most social situations because the liquid filling has a realistic movement. At this price, you can have a few extra.
Difficulty Level: average Time Required: 60 minutes
- Invest in a good bra. Pay attention to the bra size and the cup size. The form will look more realistic in a bra that fits well.
- Buy 4 balloons in a neutral color. Look for "paddle balloons", 10 inches in diameter -- 36 inches or more when inflated -- at a party or floral supply shop.
- The filler requires 200 four-inch-long rubber fishing worms. Check the link below or look in your local fishing gear store or K-Mart.
- You'll need a pair of nylon knee-high stockings in a color that matches your skin tone. Cut them down to about 10 inches.
- Plastic for two support pieces, 3 quart liquid dish-soap bottles, plastic milk containers or tupperware tops are perfect for this.
- Stretch the mouth of the balloon over the container.
- Insert the fishing worms -- 40 worms will give you about a B cup and 60 are close to a C cup.
- Fill the balloon with water until the worms are all covered.
- Squeeze the air out of the balloon and tie it tightly. Remember there's water in it -- you don't want leaks, make sure the knot is tight.
- Cut 2 two pear-shaped pieces out of the plastic -- they should fit over your breast. The narrow end goes to the outside of your breast.
- Check to make sure that the edges of the plastic are not sharp. Use a nail file to rub down sharp edges so the balloon won't get punctured.
- Push the narrow end of the plastic into the toe of the stocking.
- Pull the open end of the stocking over the plastic so you have a nylon cover completely around the plastic.
- Insert the balloon into the stocking with the knot of the balloon sticking out of the open end.
- Wrap the open end of the stocking around the knot and tie it with a knot. Remember the knot needs to be tight. You're done.
- This type of form is basically a balloon filled with water -- avoid situations that may result in punctures.
- The form is not attachable to the chest so make sure that the bra gives adequate support.
- For security you might want to use double sticky tape to attach the from to the inner bra cup.
also see How-Tos -> How to Make a "Seed" Prosthesis
also see -> Breast Cancer & Prosthetics
Elsewhere on the Web:
- How to Make Breast Forms!
- Lilith Papillon - Breast Forms, Latex
- Experiments with Forms